It's the most wonderful time of the year. Christmas is the biggest holiday in America. That means there are a ton of Christmas movies. These are my favs that I have to watch at least once during the holidays:
1. A Christmas Story. Who can't resist little Ralphie, Black Bart, the leg, the Bumpus's dogs, that darn furnace, and the Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the stock? I LOVE that TBS has an all-day marathon of the timeless classic every year. My family loves this movie just as much as me. Whether we watch it all the way through, or catch bits and pieces throughout the day, we'll for sure be saying lines from the movie during Christmas.
2. Home Alone. I could watch this one over and over again. And I do. I'll catch it at least once during the holidays. Little Kevin's smile is just too much, and his pranks are the best. One of the best lines: "Hold out your little paw there." as Santa gives Kevin a couple Tic Tacs because "everyone that sees Santa has to get a little something."
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Oh Clark. You and that family of yours cracks me up every time. Seriously, every time. Hey I saw an ad for a bar in Chicago having a contest to dress up as one of the Griswolds. That would be quite the scene! If I had to choose, my favorite character would probably be sleezeball Eddie. He's just so slimy.
4. Elf. Classic Will Ferrell. Watching him struggle with items made for elves that are too small is so funny. I love how innocent he is about everything. One of the best parts is when Elf builds the New York city skyline out of Legos.
5. The Holiday. Kind of a bizarre plot, I mean who would actually trade houses with a total stranger? But it definitely makes for a great movie. Plus, how can you not resist Jude Law?
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal. And happy New Year too!